Recipe and travel diary : Recipe of April 16, 2020 suggested by Amanda from Houston (Texas), USA
Posted in Culture le 16 April 2020
Your favorite recipes are our travel diary!
Recipe of April 16, 2020 suggested by Amanda from Houston (Texas)
250 grams per person of pork shoulder with bone
250 ml tomato pulp
250 ml poultry broth
80 ml apple cider vinegar
80 ml maple syrup or honey
1 large onion
1 tablespoon mustard
1 clove garlic, mashed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili puree
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat up a dash of olive oil and golden the meat.
2. Prepare the marinade by mixing the mustard, smoked paprika, chili, garlic puree and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Mix and add the maple syrup, the tomato pulp, the sliced onion and the chicken broth.
3. Rub the sauce all over the pork. Leave it in the fridge 1 hour so that the meat soaks up the taste of the sauce.
4. Preheat the oven to 110 ° C and then cover the meat and put it in the oven.
5. After 2 and a half hours, rub the pork with the sauce, add poultry broth if necessary. Every hour, check the meat and add some sauce if necessary. After 5 hours, shred the pork using two forks. The meat is cooked when it is easily shred. If not, continue cooking a little.
6. At the end of cooking, shred the meat using 2 forks. Save the cooking juices to mix it with the meat!
It's ready !
You can taste it with steamed vegetables, or for a garnish for a burger, a burrito or a salad!
It's your time to play now !
Thanks Amanda !